It’s important for both parties in dating to be themselves and stick to the roles they feel most comfortable with. Whether the man is cooking or the woman is bringing home the kosher bacon. But is there more to this than the average Shidduch dater can let on? The Crew discusses certain conventional roles in the relationship that when switched may be more unconventional than you’d think.
1) Of course it’s ok, but is there more to it?
2) Women wanting more Halachic involvement
3) Men wanting more house duties
4) Woman contributing financially
5) Men contributing in Shabbos & decorative aspects of the house
6) Roles exist but are a spectrum and aren't rigid
7) Roles can different based on cultural gender differences - Ashkenaz, Yeshivish, Sephard, BT, etc...
8) Focusing on what makes sense for you vs. for the world
9) Roles in a home are necessary regardless of gender but gender can be a useful way to breakdown responsibilities
3 Singles discussing their many years in Shidduchim. Join us on the American Jewish Dating Experience of a lifetime!