EP 52: Don't Ask Me If I'm Shomer [Part 3: The Rabbi Strikes Back]
Navigating the relationship w/shomer in mind. Halachic & Rabbinic perspectives of being shomer negiah.
In part 3 of shomer we wrap it up with Rabbi AY’s encounters as a Rabbi & halachic perspective. We also discussed some new aspects of Shomer Negiah, which we did not touch up on in Part 1 and 2. Torah perspectives, community outlines and IJ’s favorite…is breaking shomer the same as kosher and Shabbos?
1. Tznius affects on Shomer Negiah
2. Why are the shidduch dating guys always blamed??
3. Is there a way to really tell if someone is shomer?
4. Kosher & Shabbos is very diffrent than Shomer
5. Past relationships that you weren’t shomer in: to tell or not to tell!
6. How can you feel intimately connected in a shomer relationship
7. What are ways to bring up gedarim/boundaries without offending the other side
8. Does being shomer fall under the category of tznius
9. Can you judge someone for their past experiences shomer or not?
10. What does the Torah want from a young healthy couple, is it closeness to each other (which comes from Intimacy) or closeness to G-d?
11. It’s not that the Torah doesn’t work, it’s the community that doesn’t work
12. Better for gals to break it whether they are frum or modern?
In this week's episode we bring in Paige, a long time dater and resident expert on shomer negiah for the female daters perspective. Having been in her own long term relationships before, we appreciated hearing why she is complexly pro staying shomer until marriage. Some girls call in as well to weigh in on the issues. We also discussed some new aspects of Shomer Negiah, which we did not touch up on in Part 1. Such as; is it worse to be the person who initially breaks or the person who elevates? Does being with someone before you are married give you insight in to any potential compatibility issues in the future? Who can you go to to discuss the difficulties you are having staying shomer in your relationships? As well, as many other enumerating subjects
Nobody Talks Shidduchim: EP 51: Don't Ask Me If I'm Shomer [Part 2: The Girl Dater’s Take] on Apple Podcasts
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/shidduchim/message
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/shidduchim/support
Ep 50: Don’t Ask Me If I’m Shomer
Nobody Talks Shidduchim Podcast
The NTS Crew: IJ, Avery & Ahuva AKA Holy Shid put all things Shomer Negiah on the table with this series opener. While we all follow the laws of SN, we explore the topic in more relative terms to us millennial & gen Z daters….hey we all enjoy the Shomer High Five.
1) Emotional & Brain Chemical reactions to touching
2) Are you really doing something wrong, halacha aside...well sorta?
3) Does it change for guys when you commit?
4) Does it change for girls close to engagement?
5) Who is it more difficult for, gender-wise?
6) We all want to hug & cuddle is there a way to do it?
7) Establishing proper boundries or gedorim to stay shomer
3 Singles discussing their many years in Shidduchim. Join us on the American Jewish Dating Experience of a lifetime!