Ep 31: The Compatibility Check
Our guest hosts, Chani and Yonah, and their featured guests discuss:
1. The great compromise- How rigid should your lifestyle expectations be? Reconciling differences in areas such as upbringing, child-rearing, food preference and money-spending.
2. Deciding you’re not compatible
• Are you being too picky?
• How to point out concerning behaviors to the shadchan
3. Personality tests/horoscopes- are they a good barometer?
• What do you do when your family/their family expresses clear distaste for the shidduch? (Elope? Break it off? Work it out?)
• What if you like them, but can’t stand their friends/family?
• What do you if a friend intervenes and says they think it’s a bad shidduch?
5. Comfort with expressing disagreement- becoming comfortable telling your date that you disagree, and being told that they disagree with you
⚡️ Lightning Round ⚡️
Ep 30: Money Talks in Shidduchim
It’s a conversation to have, money talks in Shidduchim. Spending money on dates, paying shadchanim and of course family financial means.
1) Would you date someone who’s poor? Would you date someone who’s rich? Why?
2) When you find the one, what’s the expectation in terms of engagement/wedding gift? Do you/your family intend to stick to the “rules” of who pays for what at the wedding?
3) What kind of lifestyle do you need in a spouse? Frugality vs lavishness.
4) It’s a dog eat dog world: shadchanim who are in it for the money. Do they exist? Have you experienced them?
5) At what point do you feel comfortable spending a lot of money on a date?
6) Getting married when one or both are in school
7) Are shadchanim catering to the rich?
8) Do you want to spend big on dates?
9) How to tell they are financially stable/saavy?
10) Are shadchanim catering to the rich?
11) Does it matter if she just likes you for your money
12) What happens when you forgo personality for money?
13) Is there anything wrong with filtering for a rich spouse?
3 Singles discussing their many years in Shidduchim. Join us on the American Jewish Dating Experience of a lifetime!