Ep 25: How To Tell The Shadchan They’re Just Not Up My Alley
In this episode the podcast crew examines the classic responses like: she isn’t my look, he’s not up my alley, I just don’t see it and all of the politically correct responses you’ll need when talking to the shadchan.
Remarks to the Shadchan:
1) She’s not up my alley / He’s not “my type”
2) Why can’t they just have a normal profile pic!! OR they don’t do profile pictures...do they want to get married?
3) Physical Aspects and Resume Info:
4) He’s too short / she’s not my figure type
5) Their just not my look 😏 // I just don’t find them attractive!
6) Too loud/quiet
7) Hashkafically different / Different backgrounds
8) SPECIFIC ISSUES WITH SHADCHAN: Yes your my mother’s friend but you don’t know me so stop sending me outrageous ideas!!!
9) Enough with your sons sloppy seconds!!
10) Remarks from the Shadchan: I’m sorry you don’t approve of my resume. I’ll be sure to not answer your calls anymore.
11) YESSS a coffee date won't kill me but honestly my time is money and its really just gonna be a big FAT no from me
12) Im doing this for 10 years...just trust me!
13) So should I just not say anything to the shadchan 😡 like they don’t even give a hoot at what I have to say!
14) I just got a few No’s back..so yes I will be sounding brash...if they can be picky why can’t I??
15) The parents are divorced, I have a problem with that 😕
16) AS YOU DATE THEM: Can you just tell him to stop planning our dates around Starbucks!!!
17) There are not enough positives to warrant a continuation
18) I just can’t stand them!
19) Oh, she had a great time and really wants to go out again? Wow, that’s, uh, so nice to hear... yes, yes, she’s a really nice girl, I had a nice time, I just don’t see it going anywhere...
20) No I’m not picky...gosh I have to marry this person so just lay off!!
21) Um..they smoke and drink? WTH were you thinking??
22) No I didn’t call a reference, shadchan.. I do things my way
23) So, ummm... what in particular made you think of _this_ person for me? I’m not perfect, but I’m not a train wreck either...
24) To the date: So why did you do __ exactly?
25) Um yes I have a problem with that!!!
26) I’m not judging..I’m just calling a spade a spade!
3 Singles discussing their many years in Shidduchim. Join us on the American Jewish Dating Experience of a lifetime!