Ep 50: Don’t Ask Me If I’m Shomer
The NTS Crew: IJ, Avery & Ahuva put all things Shomer Negiah on the table with this series opener. While we all follow the laws of SN, we explore the topic in more relative terms to us millennial & gen Z daters….hey we all enjoy the Shomer 5.
1) Defining Shomer Negiah
2) Tell us about how it played a role in your life, what it means to you...
3) Why is there such a majority of Shidduch daters who hold Shomer
4) What are the benefits of Shomer in Shid
5) When to have a discussion about being shomer or not?
6) Emotional & Brain Chemical reactions to touching
7) Are you really doing something wrong, halacha aside...well sorta?
8) Does it change for guys when you commit?
9) Does it change for girls close to engagement?
10) Who is it more difficult for, gender-wise?
11) We all want to hug & cuddle is there a way to do it?
12) Establishing proper boundries or gedorim to stay shomer
13) Are there any negatives to actually holding SN?
14) The Jewish Guilt
15) Why do we feel soo guilty when it’s in our DNA & innate for us to do so
16) Can you tell the Shadchan you are planning on breaking Shomer?
17) Who generally actually starts the “breaking shomer”, the one to initiate?
18) Is it worst for the person to start or to elevate?
19) Dating someone who does not want to be shomer and you do. Can it work?
Nobody Talks Shidduchim: Ep 50: Don’t Ask Me If I’m Shomer on Apple Podcasts
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/shidduchim/message
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/shidduchim/support
Leave a Reply.
3 Singles discussing their many years in Shidduchim. Join us on the American Jewish Dating Experience of a lifetime!